She is amazing. Funny, brave, smart, witty, charismatic, curious, thoughtful.
Happy birthday, darling dear.
I love our relationship. I am still her go to for comfort. We craft together, we read together, we watch superhero and pony cartoons together.
My Mom goals are:
- To raise a child that cares about other people
- To give her the confidence to resist the lure of the crowd, to find her own path
- To make sure she knows she is loved
- To challenge her brain and encourage her to learn and read and seek answers, even when they are not what you wanted to hear
- To train her in the skills I see and vital to her successful flight from the nest
What I have learned from KidMakes in seven years:
- How to play Garbage
- That children are capable of far more than I ever knew
- That I say, “Interesting” a lot
- That having a child is like having a piece of your heart walking around outside of your body
- That she is watching and listening to everything, whether she understands it now or not
Wishes for the next seven years together:
- Continued close-ness and open communication
- At least one great traveling adventure together, without Papa
- Ongoing discussion about self-love, body image, and the media
- Optimism about her future as an adult